Job Description: Medical Billing Account Coordinator
Department: Client Services | Reports To: Assistant Director of Billed Right
This position is responsible for providing outstanding client service to existing and new Billed Right clients. This position will be responsible for overseeing client relations for an assigned portfolio of accounts. This position will also and actively coordinate the onboarding process for new clients in addition to ensuring existing client accounts are maintained and weekly meetings are achieved. This position will also serve as the liaison between our billing operations team in India and the client, to include conducting weekly, monthly, and quarterly account reviews and following-up on all client issues and inquiries.
1. Answer phone calls.
2. Provides ongoing support for our clients and their accounts.
3. Monitor account performance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
4. Conduct account review meetings with the client and the billing operations team for assigned clients.
5. Research and resolve all client and account issues.
6. Discuss and educate new clients on the onboarding and cutover processes.
7. Coordinate the takeover of billing operations for new clients.
1. Prompt response to e-mail and telephone calls.
2. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent communication.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Performs other necessary duties as required by the company to meet the goal of providing exemplary client and medical billing services.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. 1 - 3 years of experience in a medical office working with insurance claims processing involving CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10CM, and CMS regulations.
3. Familiarity with CMS1500 and UB04 claim form completion.
4. Strong analytical, oral, written communication skills.
5. Familiarity with health insurance and other third party billing practices and guidelines.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and the like.
7. Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.